Photo by Pixabay
Due to updated advice from health authorities and the existing but very minimal evidence of community transmission of COVID-19 in NSW Accuro Homecare’s infection control procedures have been adjusted once more.
- Accuro Homecare supplies their Direct Support Workers with surgical face masks and they will now be worn by ALL Direct Support Workers for ALL AND EVERY service regardless of type, time, location, social distancing etc.
- The mask will be worn for the entire duration of the service.
- Direct Support Workers are to only wear the face mask supplied by Accuro Homecare.
- Clients will be asked to wear surgical face masks (these can be supplied by the client if they have them, otherwise Direct Support Workers are able to supply them) in the following situations at all times:
- Indoors during services where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Outdoors when in public spaces at all times.
- There may be occasions where a client cannot or is unwilling to wear a face mask. If this is the case we can discuss the reasons for this with you and in certain circumstances we can make exceptions. We must advise though that recent and current medical advice from NSW Health and the Australian Government Department of health is that the wearing of face masks contributes to assisting in reducing the spread of COVID-19.
We all have a responsibility to help stop the spread and we thank you for your patience and assistance in keeping you, our employees and the community safe.