Accuro Home Care was invited to attend the Connect 2 Industry event held by Tafe NSW on the 14th of November 2018.
The event was held to connect students of the Certificate III Individual Support course with organisations in the care industry. There where many organisations present and Accuro Home Care was chosen as a speaker to address the students on working in the care sector. Both Michelle and Jarrod spoke to the students about the options available to those wishing to work in the industry and what employers are looking for in a Direct Support Worker.
Emphasis was placed on how working in the care sector can vary from traditional jobs with unstructured working hours, allowing for flexibility and the opportunity to care for a variety of people from a variety of backgrounds. The students were also a given the following questions to ask themselves:
- What times of the day and week are you available?
- Would you prefer to work in one location or is multiple locations ok for you?
- Would you prefer to work with a team or independently?
- Would you like structured hours of work or flexible hours?
- Would you like to build a rapport with clients and spend more time with them?
- Would you like a repetitive type of work environment or variable types of work?
- Would you like to work with varying types of clients or specialise in one area?
These questions were aimed at helping the student make the best decisions when it came to working in the care sector.
The talk was well received by the students and many further enquiries were made by students during the networking opportunity.
A big thank you to Tafe NSW for having us! we look forward to the next event.