Direct Support Worker
NEWCASTLE REGION - PERMANENT PART TIME
Date listed - 10/09/2020
The best paying conditions in the Homecare industry.
Accuro Homecare is a successful, respected and long standing Home and Community Care organisation providing assistance to those in the community that are vulnerable and in need.
We offer the best support, initial and ongoing training available to our valued Direct Support Workers with 24/7 access to assistance. This is a position that is an "employment" position, no need to look after insurances, ABN or superannuation. Rostering and liaising with clients and securing work is looked after for you. We currently have many clients requiring "you"!
We apply a person-centric approach to business. All people including clients and employees are important people to us and are treated with respect and dignity.
What we are looking for
Accuro Homecare are currently seeking Care Workers with a professional caring attitude, to work in the community one on one with aged and disabled clients of all ages in their daily needs. This is a highly fulfilling position for those that want to give back to the community and finish each day with the feeling you have made a difference in someone’s life.
The role consists of providing both high and low levels of care to assist each client individually with their daily needs and enable them to remain in their own homes where they want to be, living their choice of lifestyle arrangements.
Previous experience as a Disability Care Worker, Home Care Worker, Aged Care Worker or Elder Care Assistant are highly desirable.
We are a third party certified NDIS provider and provide services to over 30 aged and disabled care organisations.
Your day may consist of:
- Providing personal care
- Transporting client to appointments
- Domestic Support in clients homes
- Shopping for clients
- Preparing meals for clients
- Social support and companionship for clients
- Providing respite and community access
Successful applicants are employed on a permanent part time basis, with paid sick leave and holidays.
- Flexible Employment – you design your roster and hours!
- Access to an employee benefits program after probation with freebies, exclusive discounts at hundreds of retailers, free online fitness classes, personal development and more!
- Salary packaging – make the most of your earnings!
- Work/Life balance
- Security of Part Time Employment
- Ongoing paid Training and Development - Learn additional skills such as enteral feeding, bowel care, epilepsy management and more!
- Room for Career Advancement
- An understanding supportive Management and Administration team – We genuinely care for our employees!
- A friendly, supportive community environment
- A large diversity of clients, and variety for your day
- Significant pay increases and access to all the exciting benefits and perks after probation! This is a permanent part time position with paid personal and annual leave.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and work independently and as part of a team
- Certificate relevant to the industry
- First Aid Certificate, Police Check, Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Influenza Vaccination (Mandatory)
- A history of vaccinations against (not mandatory but desired): Diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, mumps, measles, rubella, chickenpox, Hepatitis B.
Applicable qualifications may be:
- Aged Care Cert 3
- Home and Community Care Cert 3
- Disability Cert 3
- Individual Support Cert 3
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
So apply and come and see the difference Accuro Homecare can make to your life!
We have a number of positions available in surrounding suburbs: Newcastle, Speers Point, Hamilton, Kotara, Cardiff, Wallsend, Broadmeadow, Belmont, Swansea and more.