Direct Support Worker
GOSFORD - PERMANENT PART TIME OR CASUAL
Date listed - 20/10/2022
“ Finish each day, feeling that you have made a difference in someone’s life!
Do you hold any of the below qualifications?
- Aged Care Cert 3 or above
- Home and Community Care Cert 3 or above
- Disability Cert 3 or above
- Individual Support Cert 3 or above
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
What we are looking for
Accuro Homecare are currently seeking Direct Support Workers with a professional, caring attitude, to work throughout the Central Coast, Lake Macquarie, and Hunter regions, offering one-on-one support to aged and disabled clients of all ages, assisting with their daily needs. This is a highly fulfilling position for those that want to give back to the community.
The name Accuro Homecare represents a successful, respected, and long-standing Care organisation providing service to the community since 2004. We are a registered charity, and certified NDIS provider of services to over 30 aged and disability care organisations and we are a growing organisation with lots of opportunities for career development.
We offer amazing support, initial orientation and buddy visits plus ongoing training to our Direct Support Workers with 24/7 phone access to assistance.
Operating under Outlook Australia, we work towards achieving our primary vision, which is an inclusive society for all. Outlook promotes the empowerment of people with disabilities and experiencing disadvantage to participate in community life.
Outlook’s Disability Services works with customers to create a future built around their choices. Outlook believes that given the right resources, supports, time and teamwork almost anything is possible.
We apply a person-centred approach to what we do. All our people including customers and employees are important to us and are treated with respect and dignity.
Why choose Accuro:
- Flexible Employment – you design your roster and hours! Work as little as one day a week or as much as you require to facilitate work/life balance – It really is up to you!
- Work is available 24/7 days, evenings, nights are all available!
- Salary package up to $15,900 each year for living expenses and $2,650 each year for meals and entertainment, plus access to our Everyday Rewards Program; and
- AccessPay benefits all employees including a Financial Wellness Program and Personal Car Buying Service
- Uniform provided and laundry allowances paid each shift
- Additional allowances on top of base rate, including First Aid allowance, daily mobile allowance, plus many more allowances and loadings
- Minimum 2-hour shift pay guarantee
- Travel time during work engagements paid at hourly rates; kilometre reimbursement of $0.92c/km for work related travel.
- All PPE and First Aid equipment supplied, and training provided on proper management and use.
- Comprehensive COVID-safe procedures in place to ensure you and your clients are protected.
- Storewide discounts and offers at select AMCAL pharmacies immediately upon appointment.
- Ongoing paid Training and Development - Learn additional skills such as enteral feeding, bowel care, epilepsy management, catheter care and more!
- Avenues for Career Advancement into higher level roles and supervisory positions for the right applicant.
- An understanding, supportive Management and Administration team – We genuinely care for our employees!
Previous experience as a Disability Care Worker, Home Care Worker, Aged Care Worker, Community Support Worker, or Elder Care Assistant are highly desirable but not mandatory as Accuro Homecare provides ongoing training and support to enable you to confidently fulfil the requirements of the role.
About the role:
The role consists of providing both high and low levels of care to assist each client individually with their daily needs and enable them to remain in their own homes where they want to be, living their choice of lifestyle arrangements.
Your day may consist of:
- Providing personal care
- Transporting client to appointments
- Domestic Support in clients homes
- Shopping for clients
- Preparing meals for clients
- Medication Assistance
- Disability equipment use
- Social support and companionship for clients
- Providing respite and community access
Successful applicants are employed on a permanent part-time or casual basis, with paid sick leave and holidays for permanent part-time employees.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes;
- Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent
- Ability to facilitate and support people to achieve their goals.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build professional caring
- relationships with team members, customers, family members and
- Ability to work independently, to make decisions and to seek
- clarification and assistance when needed
- Ability to assess risks in relation to customer behaviours, activities and
- general conduct.
- Ability to work within a remote team environment.
- Ability to use app-based systems on handheld devices
- Knowledge and application of safe manual handling practices
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality requirements in customer care
- First Aid (renewable every 3 years)
- CPR Certification (renewable annually)
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (NWSC) Valid for 5 years
- NSW Driver’s license
- Direct customer facing roles are required to comply with the vaccination mandates for the industry as defined by the NDIS, NSW Health and Ministry of Health and Aged Care
Join us, and see the difference Accuro Homecare can make to your life! “
We have a number of positions available in surrounding suburbs: Bensville, Woy Woy, Umina Beach, Empire Bay, Gosford, Narara, Niagra Park, Lisarow, Somersby, Ourimbah, Springfield, Erina, Terrigal, Wamberal, Forresters Beach, Point Clare, Kariong, Tascott, Green point, Kincumber, and more.