Direct Support Worker
GOSFORD - PERMANENT PART TIME OR CASUAL
Date listed - 24/05/2021
The best paying conditions in the Homecare industry.
Accuro Homecare is a successful, respected and long-standing Home and Community Care organisation providing over 15 years of service to the community.
We offer the best support, initial and ongoing training available to our valued Direct Support Workers with 24/7 access to assistance. We currently have many clients requiring "you"!
We apply a person-centric approach to business. All people including clients and employees are important people to us and are treated with respect and dignity. Accuro Homecare strives to Encourage, Enable and Empower all of it’s clients and employees!
What we are looking for
Accuro Homecare are currently seeking more Direct Support Workers with a professional caring attitude, to work in the community one on one with aged and disabled clients of all ages in their daily needs. This is a highly fulfilling position for those that want to give back to the community and finish each day with the feeling you have made a difference in someone’s life.
There are multiple Casual and Permanent Part Time positions available in multiple areas throughout the Central Coast, Lake Macquarie and Hunter regions.
Salary: $25.95/hr - $32.14/hr base rate plus penalties for Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
Why choose Accuro:
- Flexible Employment – you design your roster and hours! Work as little as one day a week or as much as you require – It really is up to you!
- Work is available 24/7 days, evenings, nights are all available – Again it is up to you!
- Access to an employee benefits program after probation with freebies, exclusive discounts at hundreds of retailers, free online fitness classes, personal development and more!
- Well above award hourly rate with paid kilometres + Super
- Gain regular and ongoing clients to build a rapport with
- Salary packaging – make the most of your earnings!
- Work/Life balance
- All PPE and First Aid equipment supplied, and training provided on proper management and use.
- Comprehensive COVID safe procedures in place to ensure you and your clients are protected.
- Storewide discounts and offers at select AMCAL pharmacies immediately upon appointment.
- Security of Part Time Employment OR flexibility of Casual employment
- Ongoing paid Training and Development - Learn additional skills such as enteral feeding, bowel care, epilepsy management, catheter care and more!
- Room for Career Advancement into higher level roles and supervisory positions for the right applicant.
- An understanding supportive Management and Administration team – We genuinely care for our employees!
- A friendly, supportive community environment
- A large diversity of clients, and variety for your day
- Significant pay increases and access to all the exciting benefits and perks after probation!
The role consists of providing both high and low levels of care to assist each client individually with their daily needs and enable them to remain in their own homes where they want to be, living their choice of lifestyle arrangements.
Previous experience as a Disability Care Worker, Home Care Worker, Aged Care Worker, Community Support Worker or Elder Care Assistant are highly desirable but not mandatory as Accuro Homecare provides ongoing training and support to enable you to confidently fulfil the requirements of the role.
We are a third party certified NDIS provider and provide services to over 30 aged and disabled care organisations.
Your day may consist of:
- Providing personal care
- Transporting client to appointments
- Domestic Support in clients homes
- Shopping for clients
- Preparing meals for clients
- Medication Assistance
- Disability equipment use
- Social support and companionship for clients
- Providing respite and community access
Tasks undertaken by you will be subject to experience and training.
Successful applicants are employed on a permanent part time or casual basis, with paid sick leave and holidays for permanent part time employees.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and work independently and as part of a team
- Certificate relevant to the industry
- First Aid Certificate
- NDIS Workers Screening Check – We can assist you through the application process.
- Yearly Influenza Vaccination
Applicable qualifications may be:
- Aged Care Cert 3 or above
- Home and Community Care Cert 3 or above
- Disability Cert 3 or above
- Individual Support Cert 3 or above
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
So, apply and come and see the difference Accuro Homecare can make to your life!
We have a number of positions available in surrounding suburbs: Bensville, Woy Woy, Umina Beach, Empire Bay, Gosford, Narara, Niagra Park, Lisarow, Somersby, Ourimbah, Springfield, Erina, Terrigal, Wamberal, Forresters Beach, Point Clare, Kariong, Tascott, Green point, Kincumber, and more.