Care Coordinator / Field Coach
THE ENTRANCE - FULL TIME
Date listed - 29/03/2022
Accuro Homecare is a registered NDIS and My Aged Care provider based on the NSW Central Coast who provide the support & services our people need to live safely & independently in their own home. We provide a high level of quality in home care services to participants residing in the Central Coast, Lake Macquarie, Newcastle and Maitland areas and currently employ over 100 professional direct support workers to achieve this goal.
Accuro Homecare are currently looking for experienced, dedicated, and passionate Care Coordinator/ Field Coaches to join our team to provide leadership, professional development and coaching support to our direct support workers, enabling them to continue to provide quality services in line with practice standards and legislative requirements.
The Care Coordinator / Field Coach role would also entail communicating with NDIS participants and My Aged Care clients to understand their goals and ambitions, and support them, their families and carers through the intake & assessment and support plan review processes.
What can we offer?
At Accuro Homecare we genuinely care about our employee’s wellbeing and believe in the importance of a healthy work life balance. We offer many workplace benefits to our staff as we understand the challenges and complexities that are involved with working in such a dynamic workplace where no two days are the same. We believe in the importance of investing in our people in order to support them be the best they can be and provide them with opportunities for ongoing career progression
- Competitive renumeration package with the option of salary packaging
- Flexible employment options including flexible hours and the option to work remotely where appropriate
- Ongoing professional development opportunities including an individualised training plan
- Opportunities for career progression into higher level roles
- Supportive management and administration team
As an Accuro Homecare Care Coordinator Field Coach you have a demonstrated ability to effectively lead, coach and support a team of remotely located home and community care workers. You will have previous leadership skills and experience, with the ability to role model best practice standards of care for other members of the team.
You have a sound understanding of the NDIS and My Aged Care requirements and a practical working knowledge of the home and community care sector with experience in the delivery of personal care, domestic support, respite services and social and community participation.
You also have good working knowledge of MS Teams, MS Office applications and other app-based tools which will allow you to work independently in the field.
- Coaching and support of a team of direct support workers while building a sense of connection and teamwork
- Facilitating best practice approaches through regular team reflection sessions and team meetings
- Leading buddy shifts with new team members as part of their induction into our team with a strong focus on client care and work health & safety
- Reinforcing quality practice through the delivery process of positive feedback from internal staff, clients, participants, and families to direct support workers
- Conducting side-by-side observation visits with staff/clients and providing feedback to teams
- Coaching new staff to conduct home safety assessments and personal emergency management planning with participants
- Supporting new and current participants through the intake & assessment and/or renewal process by ensuring all required forms and documentation have been finalized
- Reaching a target of 10 phone calls per month to participants and their families to seek feedback on services with outcomes reported back to the Practice Manager
- Providing a first line of engagement for management of complaints and fostering a positive culture
- Ability to deliver high intensity support services and coverage of services to participants that are unable to be filled due to rostering challenges
- Working within the Accuro Homecare Policies & Procedures and WHS framework
- Working a rotating weekend shift per month
- Highly desirable Certificate IV in Disability Work and/or Welfare or equivalent and 2 year’s relevant experience or a willingness to obtain
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team providing 24/7 support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current drivers license and comprehensively insured car
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate, WWCC, NDIS Worker Screening Clearance and completion of NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety & You’
- Compliant with mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination schedules and recommended vaccinations per NSW Health (i.e. Influenza)
We look forward to hearing from you!